The secret that we've all been looking for has been right under our noses the whole time (well, in our fruit baskets!). It's banana skin! That's right! Woke up with an annoying pimple? Suffer from acne and have outbreaks all the time? Forget the expensive creams (that don't really work - I tried them all!) and reach for a banana!
Here's how to do it:
1. Take a RIPE banana. It needs to have started browning on the outside skin, that's how you know it's perfectly ready for pimple-fighting!
2. Peel the banana and keep the peel to one side (eat the actual banana - it's good for you!).
3. For individual pimples, cut a small piece of peel off, for your full face treatment, use the whole thing. Now, rub the inside of the peel onto your pimples in a circular motion. Rub for a good few minutes, until the inside of the peel goes brown. Your skin may start to tingle or feel a bit tight - that's all good.
4. Do this 3 times a day (or morning and night) and don't wash it off.
5. Voila! In a couple of days your pimples should be noticibly reduced/gone!
The theory is pretty cool. Banana peels contain lots of potassium, and the antioxidant, lutein. It also has an anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and cooling properties that can be used to soothe skin and reduce acne breakouts. It can also be used to treat insect bites! Who knew banana's were THAT amazing?
So go bananas (sorry), and so goodbye to pimples for good! I'd love to hear how you get on so post your experiences below.
Toodles for now.